Having a busy time of it right now, so I’m doing this week’s diary in bullet points. Apologies, hope to be more in-depth next week.
Writing things I have done the last seven days:
- The corrections for my new novel, ready for the editor. I’m aiming to publish in March.
- Once that’s done, I’ve got a novella to rewrite, so in spare moments I’ve been looking through that as well.
- And because I’ll now have time for actual writing on my train rides in the morning, I’ve been plotting out a different novella. One linked to the other (already written) novel I’ll be publishing next year.
- (Yes, that’s two separate novellas).
- (And yes, I can keep all this straight in my head).
- This week I also read Bryan Cohen’s entertaining and informative HOW TO WRITE A SIZZLING SYNOPSIS and started rewriting THE WANNABES synopsis based on his formula.
- And finally, I started designing a promotional poster I can use in ads for THE WANNABES from now on. I’m happy with my concept, though Mrs Jameson will get final sign off.
So, a busy week. I probably still need to get a better balance between writing stuff and promoting stuff, but slowly – as one comes far more naturally than the other – I’m getting there.
My debut novel, THE WANNABES – which has been out of print for a little while – is now available for free! A supernatural thriller of beautiful actresses and deadly ambition in London town, it’s well worth your time. You can get your copy here!